Thursday 15 May 2014

Classroom Website VS Professional Blog


Classroom Website
Professional Blog
  • Created primarily for student and parent use (basic or simplified language)
  • Includes classroom information
    • Newsletter
    • Calendar
    • Homework
    • Spelling Words
    • Timetable
  • Updated at the end of each day
  • Student input is taken into consideration regarding what is posted (ex. Mme can you post a link to _____ on your website?)
  • Evidence of professional learning
  • Made for my personal growth and benefit
  • Updated regularly
  • Complex writing although written with clarity
  • Driven by my personal inquiries and learning goals
  • Contains websites, links, and resources that I can refer back to in the future

Why the separation?

The primary reason for the separation between my classroom website and my professional blog is that they are both used for two individual reasons. My classroom website is geared towards students and parents, and my professional blog is for my own personal growth as an educator. While I hadn't originally planned on my students being aware of my professional blog, several of my students were able to find it when they Googled my name. Consequently, I ensure that my professional blog is kept exactly that, professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment