Sunday 13 April 2014

Creating Websites with Weebly

Higher Order Thinking Skills: Teaching a Technology Skill

Student Task:
Congratulations! You have just been selected to create a website for a new and exciting up-and-coming history program for intermediate students in Ontario. Since this website will be used in schools, there are a few basic guidelines that you must follow.
  1. You will be using the website creation tool Weebly
  2. Your site must have a variety of:
    1. Text
    2. Images
    3. Maps
  3. Historical information must be accurate and well-researched. You must also provide credit when research is not your own – no plagiarism!
Once you have chosen a domain name and template, you can begin the creation of your website. Follow the on-screen prompts to get started, and use the drag-and-drop function to add elements to your web page.

How will I be assessed?
Knowledge and Understanding
  • My website shows that I have a working knowledge of historical content (facts, terms, definitions, key dates, significant people)
  • My website shows that I have a working understanding of historical content (concepts, ideas, relationships
Thinking
  • My website shows that I am able to plan and process my ideas (I can interpret, analyze, question, and gather evidence to support historical concepts)
  • My website shows that I can think critically about history (I can problem-solve, make decisions, and inquire into how historical concepts are related)
Communication
  • My website shows that I can organize and express my ideas with clarity (logical order, clear expression, proper language conventions)
  • My website shows that I have considered my target audience (my website has a clear purpose and is directed to helping intermediate students with historical concepts)
Application

  • My website shows that I can transfer what I know to new concepts (integration of cross-curricular links, critically evaluating the information I have included on my website)
  • My website shows that I can make connections (past vs present day, differences in culture, providing opportunities for action)

No comments:

Post a Comment